- - - - -
News and Articles

What Did Storage Wars’ Barry Weiss Do For A Living? And How Much Money Does He Have?

news and articles

6 replies to this topic

#1 T.R.

Theo.

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts

Posted January 04, 2012 - 09:08 PM

What did Storage Wars’ Barry Weiss do for a living? And how much money does he have?
Source: Starcasm.net
By Asa Hawks
Dec - 28, 2011

When watching your first episode of Storage Wars it doesn’t take long to realize one of these folks bidding on abandoned storage units is not like the others. Dubbed “The Collector” by A&E, Barry Weiss is an eccentric personality with attire and transportation to match. Barry seems to pull up to each and every every episode in a different vehicle from his apparently endless collection of antique and custom cars, trucks, and motorcycles, sporting his trademark skeleton gloves and custom West Coast Chopper glasses – not really looking for things to make money on so much as looking for unique and collectible items to add to his collection.

So how is Barry able to afford buying all those lockers when he usually only keeps one or two items, or even nothing at all? Internet rumors suggest he is a former Hollywood producer, which isn’t that far from the truth spelling-wise. The real answer, believe it or not, is produce.

Now 60 years old, Barry made his fortune along with his brother selling wholesale fruits and vegetables. “I owned a produce company,” Barry tells AOL in an interview, “and we exported and imported, my brother and myself. I did that for years.”

So when did the collecting start, and is Barry still pushing produce? “I’ve been an antique collector my entire life,” he says, “and I was in the produce business for 20‑25 years, and I retired about four years ago. I just was traveling around the world and enjoying life, really.”

According to CelebrityNetWorth.com produce is a great way to support a collecting hobby because they assess Barry Weiss’ net worth at right around $7 million. (Of course, that’s if he sold off all his custom cars, skeleton gloves, and rose-colored chicken glasses.)

And how does a retired produce salesman with a penchant for collecting wind up a huge reality star with a perpetual stream of Facebook marriage proposals? “The way this opportunity came along was a close friend of mine, Thom Beers, who is the creator of the show, was over one night. I don’t know, we were having a few drinks. He said he was working on something with these storage lockers, and would I like to be a part of it? And basically that’s sort of how things unfolded.” Yuuuuuuuup! That sounds pretty much exactly how I imagined it went down!

More About Barry Here
Okay, who put a "stop payment" on my reality check?

#2 Blue

Destroyer of Worlds

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts
  • LocationThe Old South

Posted January 05, 2012 - 12:03 AM

The man is a national treasure. He makes the show for me. Anyway, I think he sets the standard for comic relief in a reality show. Given that the rest are basically trying to out dick each other, Barry keeps it lighthearted and loose without being as deliberately apparent as a Chumlee or Mikey. I don't think the show could run without him. It's be like SW:TX.

Wikipedia had him as a retired producer broker and I had heard he was a buddy of Beers since the show started.
Don't care much for the band, but it's a pretty little song.
http://www.youtube.c...ro_eJZE=feature
And a different view of LA.
http://www.youtube.c...yttcEns=feature

#3 OldGal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • LocationBelow the Mason Dixon line

Posted January 05, 2012 - 08:56 PM

I agree with Blue - he makes the show for me.

#4 Guest_hez tha fkn man ladies...._*

• Guests

Posted February 13, 2013 - 12:49 AM

Kool

#5 Guest_Cindy_*

• Guests

Posted June 29, 2013 - 02:50 AM

I can't wait to see what is going to drive up in next. Or what is going to pull on the other bidders He makes the show.¿

#6 Guest_david spiller_*

• Guests

Posted November 13, 2013 - 01:43 PM

to me he is such a star ,I laugh all the time when he is on ,also that brandi is sooooo sexy, dave in jersey channel islands uk

#7 Blue

Destroyer of Worlds

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts
  • LocationThe Old South

Posted November 15, 2013 - 11:56 PM

A shame Barry is now gone. Even though he had become little more than a comedy act, Barry made the crap more bearable. Hester leaving really knocked the cast chemistry/balance off, but to lose Barry is definitely going to leave a void. I don't think Darryl can carry the show. Brandi is kind of hot, though her and Jarrod's "role" as underdog newcomers has kind of become ironic. Not to mention, the back and forth between her and Jarrod is sorely repetitive..and pointless at this point. I don't think she can carry it either. And assuredly the motley crew of people they have tried to plug in after Hester's departure aren't going to cut it either. The show got really lucky with the original cast lineup. As those pieces drop, the show becomes more like Storage Wars: Texas. Beyond a curiosity at how they'll handle things, I really have no interest in watching it any more.
Don't care much for the band, but it's a pretty little song.
http://www.youtube.c...ro_eJZE=feature
And a different view of LA.
http://www.youtube.c...yttcEns=feature

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com